Jose Leal PhD, MSc
- Economic Evaluation
- Newborn Disease Screening
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Leal Jose, Hamdy Freddie, and Wolstenholme Jane (2014) Estimating age and ethnic variation in the histological prevalence of prostate cancer to inform the impact of screening policies International Journal of Urology , Epub (DOI: 10.1111/iju.12458).
- Leal J, Ades Ae, Wordsworth S, and Dezateux C (2013) Regional differences in the frequency of the c.985A>G ACADM mutation: findings from a meta-regression of genotyping and screening studies. Clin Genet.
- Leal Jose, Hayes Alison J, Gray Alastair M, Holman Rury R, and Clarke Philip M (2013) Temporal validation of the UKPDS outcomes model using 10-year posttrial monitoring data. Diabetes Care, 36(6):1541-6.
- Luengo-Fernandez Ramon, Leal Jose, Gray Alastair, and Sullivan Richard (2013) Economic burden of cancer across the European Union: a population-based cost analysis The Lancet Oncology, (Epub ahead of print).
- Palmer Andrew J and Hood 5 Modeling Group Mount (2013) Computer modeling of diabetes and its complications: a report on the fifth mount hood challenge meeting. Value Health, 16(4):670-85.
|Tel||+44 (0)1865 289 263|
|Fax||+44 (0)1865 289 271|
José Leal joined the Health Economics Research Centre in January 2004, having completed his MSc in Health Economics at the University of York in 2003. Since joining HERC, José has worked on several projects, including an economic evaluation of genetic testing for sudden cardiac death, an economic evaluation of MS/MS screening for Medium Chain Acyl-CoenzymeA Dehydrogenase Deficiency, elicitation of expert opinion and several cost-of-illness studies.
José has recently completed a doctoral thesis at the University of Oxford on the use of multi-parameter evidence synthesis to inform economic evaluations. His current research interests include the use of expert opinion to inform decision models, evidence synthesis frameworks in economic evaluation and individual patient level modelling.