Jose Leal PhD, MSc
- Economic Evaluation
- Newborn Disease Screening
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Leal J, Ades Ae, Wordsworth S, and Dezateux C (2013) Regional differences in the frequency of the c.985A>G ACADM mutation: findings from a meta-regression of genotyping and screening studies. Clin Genet.
- Leal Jose, Hayes Alison J, Gray Alastair M, Holman Rury R, and Clarke Philip M (2012) Temporal Validation of the UKPDS Outcomes Model Using 10-Year Posttrial Monitoring Data. Diabetes Care, E Pub Dec12.
- Leal J, Luengo-Fernandez R, and Gray AM (2012) Economic Costs In: Nicholas M, Townsend N, Scarborough P, Rayner M et al. European Cardiovascular Disease Statistics 2012, European Heart Network, Brussels, European Society of Cardiology, Sophia Antipolis.
- Luengo-Fernandez R, Leal J, and Gray A M (2012) UK research expenditure on dementia, heart disease, stroke and cancer: are levels of spending related to disease burden? Eur J Neurol, 19(1):149-54.
- Hayes A J, Leal J, Kelman C W, and Clarke P M (2011) Risk equations to predict life expectancy of people with Type 2 diabetes mellitus following major complications: a study from Western Australia. Diabet Med, 28(4):428-35.
|Tel||+44 (0)1865 289 263|
|Fax||+44 (0)1865 289 271|
José Leal joined the Health Economics Research Centre in January 2004, having completed his MSc in Health Economics at the University of York in 2003. Since joining HERC, José has worked on several projects, including an economic evaluation of genetic testing for sudden cardiac death, an economic evaluation of MS/MS screening for Medium Chain Acyl-CoenzymeA Dehydrogenase Deficiency, elicitation of expert opinion and several cost-of-illness studies.
José has recently completed a doctoral thesis at the University of Oxford on the use of multi-parameter evidence synthesis to inform economic evaluations. His current research interests include the use of expert opinion to inform decision models, evidence synthesis frameworks in economic evaluation and individual patient level modelling.