This tool allows you to find detailed statistics within specific geographic areas, for example in neighbourhood regeneration. It contains the following datasets: 2001 Census: Census Area Statistics datasets. A selection of tables from the Census Area Statistics giving detailed information on specific census variables.
*2001 Census: Key Statistics datasets
Key Statistics cover all main census topics, presented as counts and percentages in a limited number of simple tables.
*Access to Services datasets
All aspects of service provision, including access to specific health, education and legal facilities.
*Community Well-being / Social Environment datasets
Information to support work on community involvement, social inclusion and improving overall standards, including those relating to street cleanliness.
*Crime and Safety datasets
Data on crime, fire statistics and road accidents.
*Economic Deprivation datasets
Data relating to economic activity, poverty and the provision of selected welfare benefits.
*Education, Skills and Training datasets
Includes information on educational attainment, school absence, enrolment to higher education and numbers of students.
*Health and Care datasets
Data includes health, life expectancy, hospital episodes, healthy lifestyle behaviours and provision of unpaid care.
Information on housing demand and supply, tenure and condition, overcrowding and homelessness.
Summary statistics and indicators representing themes across all topics.
*Indices of Deprivation and Classification datasets
Includes the Indices of Deprivation, Socio-Economic Classification and Area Classifications.
*People and Society: Income and Lifestyles datasets
Information on income, including direct measures and indirect indicators, as well as lifestyles of families and households.
*People and Society: Population and Migration datasets
Overall size and structure of the population as well as individual components of demographic change, such as births, deaths and migration.
*Physical Environment datasets
Information relating to land management, regeneration and economic planning. This topic also includes data relating to air quality.
*Work Deprivation datasets
Business and economic activity data, work-related benefits claimants, and participation on government training programmes.
- Main Topics/Subject Category
- Census Area Statistics, Access to Services, Community Well-being / Social Environment, Crime and Safety, Economic Deprivation , Health and Care, Housing , indicators, indices of deprivation, people and society, physical environment, work deprivation.
* Service provision, including access to specific health, education and legal facilities.
* Community involvement,
* Social inclusion
* Street cleanliness.
* Statistics and road accidents.
* Economic activity,
* Poverty and the provision of selected welfare benefits.
* Educational attainment,
* School absence,
* Enrolment to higher education and numbers of students.
* Health, life expectancy,
* Hospital episodes,
* Healthy lifestyle behaviours and provision of unpaid care.
*Housing demand and supply,
* Tenure and condition,
*Overcrowding and homelessness.
*Indices of deprivation,
* Socio-economic classification and area classifications.
*Income, including direct measures and indirect indicators, as well as lifestyles of families and households.
*Overall size and structure of the population as well as individual components of demographic change, such as births, deaths and migration.
*Information relating to land management, regeneration and economic planning, air quality. business and economic activity, work-related benefits claimants, and participation on government training programmes.
- Deprivation, income, employment, health, education, housing, proximity to service, access, living environment, crime, economic deprivation, training, skills, health care, indicators, indices of deprivation, lifestyle, population, migration, physical environment, work deprivation, religion, accidents, child benefit, benefit, tax credit, ethnicity, qualifications, hospital admissions, disability, mortality, life expectancy, birth weight, tenure, conceptions
- Identifier Variables
- LA, electoral ward, super output area, PCO, HA, education authority, postcode, parliamentary constituency, parish
- Area of Health System
- Data Available
- Data collecting organization (s)
- Office for National Statistics
- Data Type
- Coverage (date of field work)
- Depends on indicator
- Unit of Analysis
Varies. Depends on full postcode and area for which you need data for.
- Conditions of Access
- Free access
- Smith K and Joshi H. The Millennium Cohort Study. Centre for longitudinal Studies Institute of Education. Population Trends 107. Spring 2002