Cancer incidence and mortality in the United Kingdom: ONS
Contains information on cancer cases and deaths in the UK. Figures are given for the numbers of newly diagnosed cases of cancer (incidence) and deaths from cancer (mortality), together with the age-standardised incidence and mortality rates.
- Main Topics/Subject Category
- Cancer incidence, cancer mortality, mortality rates.
ICD 10 code, site description, sex, region, major cancers: age-standardised mortality, lung cancer: mortality by sex, country, colorectal cancer: mortality by sex, country, breast cancer: mortality by country, prostate cancer: mortality1 by country, newly diagnosed cases of cancer and directly age-standardised1 incidence rates per 100,000 population, deaths from cancer and directly age-standardised1 mortality rates per 100,000 population from cancer.
- Lung cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, prostate cancer, cancer mortality, cancer incidence, cancer, age-standardised incidence, mortality rates
- Identifier Variables
- Area of Health System
- Public health
- Disease Area
- Data collecting organization (s)
- Office for National Statistics
- Data Type
- Coverage (date of field work)
- 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- Unit of Analysis
Sample size varies each year. For example, in the United Kingdom in 2002-04 there were on average around 278,000 newly diagnosed cases of cancer each year, with around 139,000 cases among males and 139,000 among females and there were on average 154,000 deaths from cancer each year in the UK. While in In the United Kingdom in 2001-03 there were on average around 275,000 newly diagnosed cases of cancer each year, with closely similar numbers in males and females: around 137,000 and 138,000, respectively and there were on average 154,000 deaths from cancer each year.
- Office for National Statistics (ONS)
- Conditions of Access
- Free access
- Tel: +44(0)2075335261
- Gurusamy KS, Imber C, and Davidson BR. Management of the Hepatic Lymph Nodes during Resection of Liver Metastases from Colorectal Cancer: A Systematic Review. HPB Surgery. Article ID 684150, 2008