East Midland Public Health Observatory : Population/demographic datasets
The East Midlands Public Health Observatory (EMPHO) is one of nine regional Public Health Observatories funded by the Department of Health in England. EMPHO is the regional health intelligence organisation providing information and analysis to support those working to improve health and reduce health inequalities in the East Midlands. Contains information on population structure/demographics.
- Main Topics/Subject Category
- Population, mortality, birth
Number of live births by maternal age for PCT and LA, perinatal mortality, mortality from all causes (ICD 10 A00-Y99): number of deaths, GP relevant population estimates, population estimates: quinary age groups and sex for local authorities in England and Wales: estimated resident population, age structure of population, ethnicity: percentage of people in ethnic groups, estimated resident population by ethnic group and sex.
- Births, deaths, population, population estimate, ethnicity, health, age groups, birth rate, demographic data, fertility, population structure, infant mortality, perinatal mortality, stillbirths
- Identifier Variables
- SHA, LA, PCT
- Economic/Subject Categories
- Area of Health System
- Public health
- Data collecting organization (s)
- East Midland Public Health Observatory
- Data Type
- Coverage (date of field work)
- 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Unit of Analysis
Sample size varies by dataset and year. For example population estimate for males (all ages) in Nottingham City PCT in 2006 was 144550 and 140300 in 2005. Bassetlaw PCT was 55375 in 2006 and 55000 in 2005.
- East Midlands Public Health Observatory
- Conditions of Access
- Free access
- Tel: 01623812069, www.empho.org.uk/contactUs.aspx