Neighbourhood Statistics: Model Based Estimates of Healthy Lifestyle Behaviours at Primary Care Organisation (PCO) level
The NHS Information Centre for health and social care commissioned the National Centre for Social Research to produce model based estimates of healthy lifestyle behaviours, using information from the Health Survey for England (HSfE). A model-based approach to producing healthy lifestyle prevalence estimates for each Primary care Organisation (PCO) in England was used because the sample size of national surveys such as the Health Survey for England was too small to provide reliable estimates at a small area level. Model-based estimates and 95% confidence intervals have been produced using 2003-2005 data from the Health Survey for England.
- Main Topics/Subject Category
- Smoking among adults, binge drinking for adults, obesity among adults, consumption of 5 or more portions of fruit and vegetables a day among adults
prevalence of smoking, prevalence of obesity, prevalence of binge drinking, fruit and vegetable consumption.
- Binge drinking, fruit and vegetable, obesity, smoking, lifestyle, behaviours
- Identifier Variables
- PCO, LA
- Area of Health System
- Primary care
- Data collecting organization (s)
- National Centre for Social Research (NatCen)
- Data Type
- Coverage (date of field work)
- 2003, 2004, 2005
- Unit of Analysis
All Primary Care Organisations (PCO)
- NHS information centre
- Conditions of Access
- Free access
- http://www.ic.nhs.uk/statis[…]mates-of-healthy-lifestyle- behaviours-at-pco-level-2003-05 %% http://www.ic.nhs.uk/statis[…]aviours-at-la-level-2003-05 %5 http://www.neighbourhood.st[…]&Next.x=3&Next.y=3.
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org