Contains the following:
VS1 focuses on births. In terms of geography, the same information is available at national, regional and local authority district levels.
VS2 is split into three files focusing on mothers, maternities and birth weights.
VS3 focuses on mortality. Information is available at national, regional and local authority district levels. Table VS3 has data by cause of death, by age-group and by sex available.
VS4 is split into two files both of which focus on mortality.
- Main Topics/Subject Category
- Births, deaths, birth weight.
* Age-standardised mortality rate: all ages, all causes, per million population.
* Live births by LA,
* Live births by HA,
* Age specific fertility rates,
* Mean age,
* Mothers country of birth,
* Death rates,
* Death by age, sex and selected underlying causes,
* Deaths by LA,
* Deaths by HA,
* Deaths by single year of age,
* Death registrations.
* Counts of births and stillbirths by sex within and outside marriage
* Counts of births and stillbirths are given by "place of confinement" categorised by NHS and non-NHS hospitals, at home and elsewhere
* Counts of births and stillbirths by age of mother and number of previous live born children,
* Numbers of pre-marital conceptions,
* Counts on births outside and within marriage by place of confinement categorised by NHS and non-NHS hospitals, at home and elsewhere and by numbers of previous live born children,.
* Cause of death, by age-group and by sex available.
- Deaths, births, death rate, live births, mortality, fertility, maternity
- Identifier Variables
- SHA, PCO, LA, unitary authority, GOR, London boroughs
- Economic/Subject Categories
- Area of Health System
- Data collecting organization (s)
- Office of Population Censuses and Surveys
- Data Type
- Coverage (date of field work)
- 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Unit of Analysis
- Aggregate, Individual
All births and deaths recorded in England and Wales in a particular year.
- Conditions of Access
- Free access
- Tel: +44(0)1612751980, email@example.com