The Health Economics Research Centre (HERC)
HERC was established by the University of Oxford in 1996. Our aim is to contribute to health and healthcare in the UK and internationally, by conducting research on economic aspects of health and disease, the costs and benefits of prevention and treatment, and the design and evaluation of health systems.
Watch videos of our staff, students and alumni on the HERC@25 page.
LEAL J., (2023), European Heart Journal - Quality of Care and Clinical Outcomes
Mawalla WF. et al, (2023), Blood Advances
Edwards MR. et al, (2023), Trials, 24
Li X. et al, (2023), Diabetes Care
Protection against SARS-CoV-2 Omicron BA.4/5 variant following booster vaccination or breakthrough infection in the UK
Wei J. et al, (2023), Nature Communications
HERC & Oxford NIHR BRC - RESEARCH TRAINING Bursary Scheme
Since 2015, HERC has been in collaboration with the Research Education and Training Group at the Oxford NIHR Biomedical Research Council (Oxford NIHR BRC) and has supported over 50 funded places to attend our Health Economics Short Courses.
For more information on how to apply for these bursaries, please visit the Oxford NIHR BRC website
2023 Programme: HERC Short Courses in Health Economics
HERC offers a varied programme of short courses designed for health economists, health care professionals, academic researchers, students and clinical investigators at different stages in their careers.
- Online Introduction to Health Economic Evaluation: 12 & 13 September - Registration now open. Please visit here for full details.
- Classroom based Applied Methods of Cost-effectiveness Analysis: 19-22 September - Registration now open. Please visit here for full details.
- Online Understanding and Predicting Choice Behaviour in Health: Preference Elicitation and Analysis: 04, 05, 06, 12 & 13 October. Registration now open. Please visit here for full details.
- Online Integrating Economic Evaluation into Clinical Trials: 17-18 October - Registration now open. Please visit here for full details.
- NEW COURSE: Inequality in health and health care: theoretical and empirical considerations: 15-17 November. Registration now open. Please visit here for full details.
- Online Applied Method of Cost-Effectiveness Analysis : 27 November - 01 December - Registration now open. Please visit here for full details.
For full information on all the above courses, including pricing, please visit https://www.herc.ox.ac.uk/herc-short-courses
Founded in 1996
Over 1000 course participants
12000+ followers on social media